Moving a home surely is a lot of work to do. It could be stressful especially when you ran out of time. Besides of the excitement of moving to a new home, It could be also painful to your pocket. Here are some smart tips that can help you when you are moving a home:
- Make a List. There’s a saying that “a short pencil is always better than sharper mind”. When you are pre-occupied with all moving stuffs there will be a tendency to forget some important matters to do. Making a list of what you need to do when moving will help you focus and be organized. With this hack it can save you from wasting a lot of time.
- Plan ahead, pack ahead. Well, the early bird catches the worm is still effective as it is. Once you have set the date for a house move, it’s time to pack the things that you use seldom. Just leave few kitchen wares, clothes toiletries and etc. that you can use for several days before the move.
- Hire a Moving Company. This will save you a lot of money, time and effort. Instead of thinking friends and families that will help you in your move let the moving company do it for you. If you are going to ask friends and families to do that for you it will cost you more. Like you have to pay for rent or gas. You have to think of preparing snacks too. So be smart and save yourself from stress by hiring moving company to do this for you.
- Forget the cardboard boxes. When I saw this rentagreenbox.com I found this very amazing, because it is eco-friendly and more organized. This company will let you rent their plastic box in affordable price. They will deliver it to you and pick it up after you use them, then how good is that? Instead of buying that traditional boxes, why not try to rent a box instead? It is more safe for your stuff from being soiled or damaged plus you’re helping the environment. I found this renagreenbox.com more affordable too than buying cardboard boxes. (http://www.rentagreenbox.com/how-it-works.html)
- Sort em’, Label em’. It is better to pack your things in group so that when you unpack them it would be easier for you. It is also important that you label them, why? Because you cannot finish unpacking things in just one day. You can’t just open and dig all those boxes and look for the things you’ll need. It’ll be harder for you to organize it unlike labelling them you’ll know where to find them, and when you know where to find them, you’ll also know what to unpack first.
- Let it go. When you started packing, check all unnecessary things that you don’t need. You don’t want to bring them in your new home. It will be added load to your move. If you’re not using it for a long time maybe it’s time to sell or recycle those.
- Size matters. If you are moving to a smaller or bigger house maybe you might want to consider checking the sizes of your furniture. You may want to sell them and buy brand new from the money you got form selling the old one.